TRENDING: Satin Booties


We saw satin heeled sandals and other types of satin shoes trending at the start of Summer and it looks like that trend is going to carry through right into the Fall, as satin booties are now trending.  I wasn't quite sure how I felt about satin ankle boots when I first learned of this trend, but as I've combed the web searching for different styles, I think I'm slowly getting on board.

Satin women's boots from circa 1889.

Hardly a new style, satin boots have been around since at least the mid-1800s, a shoe of choice among Victorians.  You can find such antique boots in varying heights ranging from just below the ankle to mid-calf.  They lace up and button up and come in solid colors or floral brocade patterns.  They're decorated with beading and embroidery, and yes, even tassels.  Victorians were into details.

But, over the years the gorgeous Victorian variety of satin boot went out of fashion and was replaced in the 1970s with the beyond tacky, satin, disco-era, platform boot.  *shudder*  I suppose the image of the gaudy, elevator shoe/glam-rock version of these boots is what frightened me about the trend when I first learned of it.  However, fear not, my friends, as there are plenty of non-terrifying options out there if you want to get in on the satin bootie trend.


1.  Steve Madden Women's Fuego Ankle Bootie



2. Cape Robbin PAW-50 Women's Satin Lace-up Ankle Booties



3.  X2B Anesha-3 Satin Embroidered Ankle Bootie



4.  Zara Satin High Heel Ankle Boot



5.  Nine West Women's Doitnow Satin Boot




6.  ElegantPark Closed Toe Booties




7.  Joe Browns Floral High Heeled Ankle Boots


8.  Steve Madden Women's Laurie Ankle Booties


9.  Pedro Garcia Eulalia Lace Up Booties


10.  Zara Women's Embroidered Satin High Heel Ankle Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment