Let's Twist Again with the Simply Fit Board


We recently purchased the "As Seen on TV" Simply Fit Board, and let me just say, I'm not usually one for the infomercials, but I saw a commercial for this one night and thought it looked like a lot of fun, so when I saw it in the store the next day, I couldn't resist.


I will tell you, I really thought the price was a bit steep for what is essentially a piece of plastic, but it does come with a dvd full of exercises, and the board seems like it should last a while, so I'm going to say it's probably worth it.  If you add in the fun and convenience factors, it's probably well worth the price.  You're not going to be taking your treadmill along with you on any trips out of town, but the Simply Fit Board will fit right inside your suitcase (depending on the size of your luggage, of course), making it easy to work out, even when you're away from home.

I did read a review I agreed with though, that the Simply Fit Board is probably something you'd want to use to supplement your workout regimen with, rather than have it be the only way you get exercise.  Not because it won't give you a great workout, but because there's only so much you can do with it and you might get a little bored of it after a while, in which case, spending the money on it wouldn't have been worth it after all.

So, how does it work?  Basically, you stand on it and twist your bottom half one way, and your top half the opposite direction.  That's it really.  I know it sounds simple, but it does take a lot of core strength, not to mention, balance, not to fall right on your face.  It can support up to 400lbs and is great to help strengthen your abs, legs and more.  You can use weights to enhance your workout, or use the dvd that comes with it to do other exercises using the board, like planks, squats, and push-ups.

It's lightweight, low-impact, and easy to store away, which are some of my very favorite things about the board.  We've had a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and an exercise trampoline, which all worked fine, but they took up so much space.  I love that you can put this away until you're ready to use it again.  And, like I said before, though I haven't done it yet, it looks like it should pack into my suitcase just fine, so no more excuses for not working out when I'm out of town.  Easy peasy.

If you have one of these boards, let us know how you like it in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment