Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales - OUT TODAY!



There is no denying that the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is a lot of fun.  Sure they're a bit silly, but I defy you not to laugh at least once.  They're based on a ride at Disneyland, people.  They were never meant to be considered for an Academy Award.  That being said, the most recent installment of the franchise, Dead Men Tell No Tales, is out on blu-ray today, so pick up yer copies smartly, me mateys!  (Sorry.  I know Talk Like a Pirate Day was a couple weeks ago, but this is how my three-year-old nephew and I communicate with each other more often than not these days.  It's a difficult habit to break.)



 

We love the series in my house.  They're great for when you want a bit of light entertainment.  Dead Men Tell No Tales had the added bonus, for us particularly, of a cameo by Paul McCartney.  (You know how we love our Beatles.)  Though his scene was much too short for my liking, I think he did a great job.  Speaking of Talk Like A Pirate Day, Paul recently tweeted out a behind-the-scenes video of him and Johnny Depp in full makeup and costume talking about his singing "Maggie Mae" (a folk song made world famous by The Beatles on their Let It Be album) during his cameo scene.  If for some reason you haven't seen the film yet, I'll stop there so as not to ruin it for you.  But, if you're a Paul McCartney fan, or a fan of the Pirates franchise, and you haven't seen this film yet, what are you waiting for?  Pick up your copy today!  It would make a great Christmas present for the little pirate in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment