Letters to Me, When I Grow Up


Here's another gem from Oprah's Favorite Things under $50 List: Letters to Me, When I Grow Up: Write Now, Read Later, Treasure Forever.  I adore this idea so much I wish I could go back in time and write letters to myself using the prompts in this book.  I always wanted to keep a diary, but I never had the discipline.  This genius book solves that problem, by giving young writers different prompts like: "Here are some important songs or poems I love.  I'm copying them down here so I never forget them." and "I asked my family for a few stories about when I was little, here's what they told me."


Now, this book is right up my alley.  I love this kind of thing.  I once bought both of my grandmothers a similar sort of question and answer type keepsake book.  This is essentially the gift of a paper time capsule of a child's own life.  It includes twelve prompted letters which a child can fill with memories, stickers for sealing the letters, and postdates for future opening.  In the future, the book becomes a cherished (and often hilarious) look back on the child they once were and the person they have become.  It's a super fun way to capture one's childhood.  The kiddos will definitely appreciate it in the future.  Well, that, or be humiliated beyond belief by their former selves!

I think this is a brilliant gift idea for a child.  But, if you're wondering if this is something the children in your life might like, I asked my own 7-year-old niece if it sounded interesting to her, or like something she would like to do.  Her response?  As long as her little brother couldn't write in it, she'd love it!  So, there you have it.  Kids like everything... as long as they don't have to share!  Order your own Letters to Me, When I Grow Up, Write Now, Read Later, Treasure Forever today!



No comments:

Post a Comment