Game of Thrones Animated Spinoff?


Credit: Twipzdeeauilia 2014

Recently I was reading about this new Game of Thrones spinoff that is, apparently, included when you pre-order the GoT Season 7 Blu-ray (out December 12).  Now, I don't see anything mentioned about Conquest & Rebellion, the new animated (say what?) miniseries, on the Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season page on Amazon, but I'm assuming Amazon is where you'll be able to acquire the new spinoff, which is meant to tide us all over between now and the last season of GoT.  Animated though?  I wasn't convinced.


So, I went over to Youtube, where you can watch the first chapter of this spinoff miniseries, and I watched.  And I feel better about the whole thing.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.  And I'm glad.  This was a lot more like an animated version of supplemental material to the Game of Thrones legend, than, oh I don't know... Paw Patrol?  (It was the first cartoon that came to me, okay?)  I'm on board.  You can watch the first chapter of Conquest & Rebellion below.  (Let us know what you think in the comments section below this post.)


So, to get back to the point, when you pre-order the most recent series of Game of Thrones, you'll also receive this bonus disk, all about the history, love affairs, betrayals, and wars of Westeros.  This looks to be absolutely fantastic if you're someone who really wants to get steeped in the lore.  For me, personally, this just makes me long for more Game of Thrones; prequels, sequels... Why don't we just make it a whole Star Trek situation where this goes on forever and ever?  Each series could be based on a different time period in Westeros.  I know I'm not the only one who would be into this idea.

But, if you're and Amazon Prime member and simply stream the show, or if you're not someone who owns DVDs, you can always just read the books, or listen to the audiobooks to hold you over until the next and final season of GoT, which may not come for another year and a half or so.  Me, I think I'll do all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment